Monday, January 19, 2009

My cheeks hurt!!

Hello hello hello,

So, I've realized in the past few days that I should probably post more often. One, cause I obviously want to keep you guys update, but also because so many things happen that I want to share! Oh, and I can only put up 5 pics per post, so the pics are limited. Anyways, here we go =)

Last I told you guys that it snowed, well, that was the only day so far, but now it is raining. The day after it snowed, I went on an adventure by myself, big step for me lol, and went and bought a jacket..a nice, big, warm, comfy jacket, with a hood =). It was fine to get it by myself because it was in the one area I know how to get to and from my house on the train, perfect!

Another adventure was with Milena and Gabi, to the grocery store. My first time in the store since I've been here. Of course I took my camera and below are just a couple photos of our time. Milena and I couldn't wait to find things to take pictures with. So, as we walked around, first of all looking for things to put in the cart that we'd be craving later, we picked out several things to take some fun pictures with. Below are just 2 of the many:
she decided to go with Coke and popcorn, both the size of her

yes, you see it correctly..its not cool ranch, that says cool american!

Yet some more exciting news, Christos, my host dad came home for the weekend. This Saturday was my host mom, Gabi's brithday. He is originally from Greece, and stays there most of the time to hold down the gym that they have located there. I was very excited to finally meet him, and just like the rest of the family here, he was very welcoming and loving. The minute he got in, though, we were all working like crazy to get things ready for Gabi's birthday party; cooking and setting up the house for the estimated 30 dinner guests that would be arriving that night. Also on that day, Milena had her first game. So, as a whole family, we all went to watch her play and it was a lot of fun. She did well, and I believe had 33 points by the end of it. After her game, we all came back to the house and continued to get ready for the party. We prepared more food and the while had the music blaring and everyone was singing and dancing. It was such a good time! There was never a dull moment, and my cheeks hurt the whole night cause I was never not smiling. It was great! Below are a couple pics from the night of the party:
a family photo: Gabi, Aliki, Niko, Christos, Milena, me

of course had to throw one in of us girls =)

I left the party early to retreat to my room upstairs. I had two games the next day, the Cup, from my earlier post. I thought it would have taken me longer to fall asleep as the party was still in full party mode, but I fell asleep pretty quickly. Sunday was the big day and I was pretty excited to play once again with my team. I know I have said it before, but I really do enjoy my teammates and playing with them. I'm happy with the team I'm on and feel very lucky that they are so welcoming to me. Ok, that was my mushy side for a couple sentences, enough is enough! ;) We played our first game against Manheim. We started off strong, got sloppy and even a little lazy for a bit, but ended up winning in the end by about 20. After the game, we went across the parking lot to our guy's pro team. They were playing, and we went to support, as well as pass out flyers about our next game, happening right after the guys' game. Our second game was against Gerlingen. We started off rough, and we were down at halftime. We snapped out of it and ended up winning th game by 20 or so, again, I'm not too big with numbers so I'm not for sure on it. We won the Cup! Hooray!! So, the start of my second week in Germany and I have won a championship, awesome! =) Next weekend we start league, and I believe we play Manheim again. And let the fun continue! Below is a picture of just a few teammates on game day. I will soon get a picture of all of us so that you can all enjoy.
Hellen, Angie, Berit, me

Annnnnnd I think that's it for this one. I hope that you enjoyed it as much as I did writing and posting =)

Until the next time...

Serena

No comments:

Post a Comment