Sunday, February 15, 2009

Still Undefeated =)

Even though we were down a few of our players, we pulled off another win to stay undefeated in league. We beat Ludwigsburg 49-76. The first half was ugly, we weren't playing in rhythm with each other and didn't start off well. We picked up our intensity in the second half and started playing how we know how to play. I think that it's hard to play our team because every player is a possible threat and can have a big game, which is always nice. Just when you think that you can guard and have shut down one player, another one hits a shot or makes a defensive play that sparks the rest of the team. It's really nice to be a part of. And another important thing, we all have fun doing it. We have fun playing the game and playing with each other. We work hard to get the job done on the court, which makes for fun on the court, but also off the court. Its great =).

We got team shoes, Adidas Pro Models, red and black. Everyone on the team got them, along with their name and number on the back. I thought it was pretty nifty =). My jersey for games and my game shorts have 10 on them, its the only number they had and so that's what I get this year. However, my coaches know that I am number 20 and would like to be that number, so they have hooked me up with "20" on anything that we get with our numbers on them. My shooting shirt with my name on the back has 20 on the front. My track suit has "20" on both the jacket and the pants. And, of course, the shoes that we got, they hooked me up with 20 as well. I know I have said it plenty times before, but I'm really lucky to be where I'm at and my team and coaches take care of me for sure. They only positively contribute to this great opportunity and experience. Love it!






Haha, so this pic is from a couple weeks ago. There is no weight program with the team, outside of training. So, during training, our coaches have us do different strengthening drills, such as sit-ups, back extensions, lunges and such. This picture is our group one practice trying to do push ups at the same time, while our feet were on the back of our teammate. I would just like to say that this was the last try that we made to try and get up. We had tried several times before to get up and it was very unsuccessful lol. Most of the time we couldn't focus because we were laughing so hard. But in the end 3 of the 5 in our group got up before we called it quits. More than anything, it was a fun little team bonding exercise lol.



And this is a picture of my very first snowman!! hehe, mine is the one on the left. Toni, a teammate of mine is on the right. They were pretty small in comparison to a typical snowman, but we had fun making them. i couldn't get the concept of making a round snowball, cause I kept breaking it. And you can clearly see differences with the designs and accesories lol. But all in all it was a lot of fun. 4 days later, they were still there, but almost not lol. The heads were gone and most of the body was melted hehe.




And this is from today! It snowed again, and was snowing while we decided to make another snowman. These were my super cool retro, too big for my hands gloves. They did their job though, we were able to make a snowman without freezing our hands off!

This was our new friend Harry! And that's Toni, lol. I would just like to point out this guys' stylish hair, yeah you guessed it, totally my creation =)

No comments:

Post a Comment