Monday, March 2, 2009

League Champs!

With a win over Sandhausen, we clinched first placed of our league. Even though we have 4 games left, we are officially the champs. We won 80-42. This has been the first game, outside of our practice games against division 2 opponents, where I felt like we played well the entire game, and dominated the entire game. Everyone on the team was playing hard and things were clicking. Sure, the offense worked and clearly by the score we didn’t have a problem scoring. But what I loved was the defense. We played tough, intense defense which led to easy buckets on the other end. I hope that we can keep up the intensity in the last few games. Sure, we’ve clinched the title, but I share the feelings as my coach, Dennis, expressed, that he wants a perfect season. And why not?? I definitely think that it is do-able. We play Kirchheim this Saturday. They are the second place team and have 3 pretty good scorers. They are the key to the team, so if we can shut them down, then we should have a pretty good shot. I know this will be a tough game for several reasons, at least I hope it will be a good game. Kirchheim is number 2 right now, so a battle between 1 and 2 should always be a good game. Second, we are trying to have a perfect season. I know that if I was playing against a team that could go undefeated, why not make them earn it? But that’s just me ;-).

Just so I can have some pics with this post, I’ll include some from a little adventure I went on with Oli and Toni. Before a training, they took me to see the castle and check out the view of Heidelberg. We went just as the sun was setting, so it was a pretty sweet view. Here are some pics =)
looking across the river, there is a pathway that is called Philosopher's Way..its a famous path that runs along the Neckar River
and this is Heidelberg and the Neckar River
Heidelberg..the sun blocks a lot of it..but you can see some of it =)



the back side of the castle in Heidelberg..i have yet to still go in it..but it looks cool from the outside..lol, kinda..don't worry dad, i'll get some pics from the inside for you ;)

found a new place to just get away..love the view..too bad its freezing to sit out and look over the city lol








No comments:

Post a Comment