What has happened in the last month?
Basketball: Our team has performed quite well in the last month. We have improved our record to 7-1. Unfortunately, the last two weekends we had no games, which left us with 3 weeks between games. The next two weekends we have tough games that will prove to be mighty tests for our team. This weekend we play a team who is currently in the middle of the pack, but in previous years has always been a force to be reckoned with. Along with 3 weeks since our last game, we received news that the other American on our team will not be able to play these next two games due to injury. With these factors it is easy to say that this weekend will be a tough, tough game. I hope that we can fight hard and inevitably come out victorious. It seems like this season has been a test of wills and definitely a test of team play. So far we have met the challenge, this weekend is just another obstacle in our way!
School: It's my last few days of school and I couldn't be more excited! Well, excited that class will be done, but definitely not excited for the paper lying in my way to get there. This sports law class has been a great experience. I have never taken an online class before, so needless to say I was nervous. As I've said before, my professor has been great through the semester and has helped out with all my inquiries. The information itself that I have acquired has definitely been eye opening. I've been forced to look at sports and athletics from yet a different angle. Never before did I have to worry about the legalities that came along with the territory. But now, I could tell you about contracts, more in-depth than that I sign one every year to come back overseas. I could tell you about crowd management and the things that should be taken into consideration when dealing with different venues and size crowds. My current project is writing about workers' compensation and the relation to collegiate student athletes. It is definitely a touchy subject, since there are so many rumors and ideas of possibly paying college athletes since the idea is strong that they are exploited. A whole different blog post in itself! Hmmmm, we'll see, maybe in another month I can let you know how it all went ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment