Hello all,
So here's my first email from Germany. I feel like there is so much to write and I don't even know where to start. I'll just start writing whatever comes to mind, so pardon the randomness =)
As most of you know, I'm staying with a host family. There are two girls, 11 and 16, and a boy, 19. The mom is from Germany and the dad is from Greece, where he is currently at now. I will meet him when he comes back on Saturday. They own a gym, and there is one here and one in Greece, so I guess the travel back and forth quite a bit. The girls have been a pleasure and the youngest one is officially my new shadow. She wants to do everything with me, hang out all the time, and even wants to come to all my trainings and games. It's really cute. The older sister is very nice and was very welcoming from the start. She speaks the best English, oh yes, they all speak some level of English, but she hangs out with me too. They are like the sisters I never had, and now I have sisters and brothers! It's great. I have my own little room, with just enough space to house the tons of clothes I brought =). Last night, my first night here, I dressed the girls and mom in my hoop clothes, we all know that I like my shorts big, so needless to say, it was a great photo opportunity! We cooked dinner together tonight. It was really fun, we had music going and the little one was taking pictures and everyone was dancing..it was awesome.
On to basketball, I had my first practice today. Met all of the girls and had a training session. They all seem really nice and welcoming. We have a practice game on Monday, so we'll see how that goes. I learned plays today and was able to get up and down the floor with them a bit, so that's good. I will definitely update you when we get games under our belt =)
Oh yes, the food. Well, I haven't had real German food yet. My first day I had Thai and Chinese food. This morning I had cereal and toast, and tonight we cooked and made a pasta dish. Believe me, I will let you know when the time comes for me to eat real German food lol.
That's all I can think of right now. Please feel free to write back. I will respond as soon as I can, but I will respond to everyone that writes.
I hope that all of your 2009's have started off right!!
Ciao,
Serena
P.S. I have started to pick up German words and phrases. My accent is horrible and of course my memory is right there with it. But I'm determined to figure it all out =)
No comments:
Post a Comment