First of all, I know I've done it again, where I've waited too long to post things. =/ sorry about that. I'll start with our first league game, this last Saturday.
We played Manheim, the same team we beat in the semi-finals of the Cup. There were points in the game that we played ok, but for the most part it was a really sloppy, ugly game. We came out flat, and as I said, majority of the game was ugly. In the end, we ended up winning, 79-52. However, I feel like we should have won by more and they shouldn't have scored as many. A few days before, we beat a division 2 team, when we had less players, and they were of a much high caliber. Hopefully our next game will be a better result, and not the result of the scoreboard, but of our intensity of play.
After the game, we went to dinner as a team. Our main sponsor said he would buy us dinner, he was happy about our Cup win the previous weekend. It was really nice to hang out with everyone, no stress, nothing but good food, fun company, and plenty of smiles and laughs to go around!
I know I've said it before, but this is a good group of people that I get to be around, and they make it easier for me to stay out here =).
Angie, Cati, Katja and me
I was helping Katja with her job lol
half of the table at dinner
and the other half of the table =)
Hi Serena,
ReplyDeleteWhat a fantastic experience you are having. So glad to see you are taking full advantage of every moment with your delightful family and basketball team. Sending you all the best from California. We're so proud of our Gaels!
Love,
Diana