Tuesday, January 27, 2009

First German meal at home

So, my host mom Gabi decided to make a typical German meal for dinner one night. I was excited to try it out and when walking into the kitchen, I could tell I was going to enjoy it from the different smells! I took pictures of each dish we had, so below are those pictures and a little bit of my views on them lol, guten appetite!


Here is a pic of the meal as a whole..I was so excited to eat it cause everything smelled so good!

This is KNODEL. Now, I don't have a German keyboard, so the spelling and special notations aren't going to be included in these foods lol. So, I don't really know what is in it. I do know that the main ingredient is potatoes, I think. This was pretty good, but it was the best when it was swimming in the sauce from the meat we had with it =)


And this was the meat, SAUERBRAUTEN. This was really good. The meat was really tender and the sauce was delicious, as I said before, I basically had the sauce all of my plate =). I will say this though, the knodel was good and all, but those of you who know me...I wouldn't have complained if the meat and sauce were atop some good ol' sticky rice!! And the vegetable of the meal, ROTKOHL. I think this was basically cooked red cabbage, with some seasoning. It was ok, but I prefer red cabbage raw. Reminds me of my mom's cabbage salad...mmmmmm, the best a day or two after so the dressing has been soaked up by the cabbage =)..lol, sorry for the side note. So, that was my first real German, home-cooked meal. Overall, it was super scrumcious =)

Thank you to all who come here and read and catch up with what I'm doing over here. I hope that everyone is doing well and that the first month of 2009 has been a great one!

CIAO!

No comments:

Post a Comment